• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to disable the transform tool around vector layers?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing vector layers, there seems to always be a transform frame around either the entire layer, or a single shape. Is there a way to turn it off, and only have it when I use CTRL+T to invoke the free transform tool?
the reason I'm asking is this: the area just outside the transform tool, to a distance of about 20 pixels, changes the cursor to a rotate tool that rotates the current selection. It happens quite often that I create a shape and want to add another small shape nearby, but there is no way to do that around the current shape, so I have to use a workaround like, adding another shape randomly elsewhere, have it selected so it's surrounded but the transform frame, and then I'm free to create a new shape back where I wanted. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Is the Move Tool set to »Show Transform Controls«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just struggled with this same problem for a while. I discovered that after making a rectangle, pressing the Escape key turns off the transform options and allows you to place more rectangles/shapes close to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are the screenshots? 

I discovered that after making a rectangle, pressing the Escape key turns off the transform options and allows you to place more rectangles/shapes close to each other.

Why do you need to press esc? What happens if you just click and drag immediately to create a new Path/Shape Layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines