• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to reposition the nibs in the "Transform" tool?

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay if this isn't a feature yet. Photoshop PLEASE do this...

I have a box in perspective. I can ctrl t on it to get it to tranform. But I want to transform from my shape more to my perspective. Is there a button or somethign that lets me drag the nib in the top left down to the top of the box to better transform my selection? I realize as a box it lets me transform it then when I hit enter I am back to a square bounding box. But it logically makes sense that this program should have a feature or button that when you press alt and click the nib. It breaks the "Square" transform and lets you bring that square down to the box corner without it adjusting the transform. So I can get it closer to perspective so when I then release alt and the nibs are where I put them. I can now transform based on the box that I have placed.

Is this a feature? I just cant seem to figure it out in 2021? If its not I feel like Photoshop is really dropping the ball on this as a feature. To which where can I go to suggest this as a feature to get the developers to consider dropping this in a future patch.

travisl93802986_0-1627414871933.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the question, but let me give it a shot.

In the example below, I am adding perspective with Edit > Transform > Perspective. If I then move to Free Transform, the bounding box matches the shape. I can resize the entire thing or use Ctrl/Cmd to further adjust the adjust the sizing handles.

Are you drawing the shape with the Pen tool? You could draw a rectangle and follow my steps. Or if you want to draw a custom shape, you could simply move the individual anchor points to the specific position with the Direct Selection tool.

~Barb 

example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on your transform selection and choose distort - then you can move the handles anywhere you like. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines