• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to tell if AI has been added or used in an image?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I take one of my images and use AI to, um, enhance ut, is there any EXIF or metadate info that this has been done?  I've included a couple of my images. The 2dn one is pretty obvious it isn't real, but the 1st isn't. And I have another wtaken while kayaking in a swamp. I added a bear hovering on the river bank.

How are any of these different from merging layers?

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more there are AI detecting tools:

https://www.aiornot.com/ 

https://illuminarty.ai/en/

And many are for detecting the written word:

https://gptzero.me/ 

My advice is not to try to fool anyone purposely, especially in a professional context.

Drag & drop here or browse files to attach
Maximum size: 47 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 10

Drag & drop here or browse files to attach
Maximum size: 47 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charlottem89846831 Adobe is working towards this goal on several fronts both through tamper evident metadata and with detection software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/content-credentials.html

https://business.adobe.com/blog/the-latest/spotting-image-manipulation-ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to your question is yes. Generative Fill is traceable through Content Credentials.

There is no way to get away with it... 🙂

"(...) Adobe automatically applies Content Credentials to assets generated with Adobe Firefly features, such as Text to Image, Text Effects, Generative Fill, and Generative Recolor (...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but isn't generative fill just a more sophisticated healing brush?  and doesn't healing brush use a kind of AI to figure out what to do? I've been gone from the dev world to know how these are programmed, but functioning it looks to me like generative fill is just advanced healing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~charlotte / pelhawww.cwmimages.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
but isn't generative fill just a more sophisticated healing brush?  
By @charlottem89846831

That question does not seem terribly relevant.

After all isn’t a car just a »more sophisticated« cart? 

Edit: One notable difference between Generative Fill and Healing Brush would be the ability to process verbal prompts (no matter how good one considers a particular result to be). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way that Adobe is trying to maintain confidence in image authenticity is by supporting the Content Authenticity Initiative through Content Credentials, which are tamper-evident metadata. There’s some info on this web page:

Content Credentials

Quote from the page:

Generative AI transparency
Content Credentials indicating the use of generative AI tools will be included with all content generated with Adobe Firefly to help promote transparency around the use of generative AI. In the future, Content Credentials from other Adobe apps will also support indicating that generative AI was used in the creative process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines