• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to get Photoshop 21.0.1 to open on my workspace, not the new start page?

Advisor ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike the new opening page and I want my old workspace startup page back.  This came up because I have had to install PS on my new laptop.  There is no way of doing it in Preferences so far as I can see.  It looks like more PS elements now..

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Photoshop Preferences and uncheck "Auto show the Home Screen".

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.29.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I tried that but it did not work.  I have nothing selected in that column.

The page I am seeing has, on the left hand side : Home, Learn, Yor Work, Lightroom Photos, Cloud Documents Deleted.  Create new then, Open

I don't even have Lightroom and do not use the Cloud.

On the right and in the middle is "Your lightroom library is empty....."

How  can I get back to the traditional start screen, please?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so you want the start screen you had in CC 2019. They remodeled it for 2020. There is no setting to return to the old layout.

Click on "Home" in the left side, and hide the "Learn" panel to make more room for your recent files by clicking the ^ (carat) to hide suggestions. That's as close as you get with out rolling back to CC 2019.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 8.52.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Progress is a wonderful thing.  Why am I being offered the optional choices of Lightroom photos and Cloud documents when I do not have lightroom installed and don't use cloud storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I seem to have to click on workspace to get my workspace in place after opening an image.  Is this really what is intended?  If I have to have the new opening start/home page I would at least like to have my Workspace come on automatically when I open an image.  These extra steps are madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users that do are coming on board, so they are making it easier for them. Photoshop for iPad uses the Cloud by default for users to further edit their work here in the Desktop Ps and Lightroom users can directly see their albums before opening a particillar image there.

Odd. Clicking on or opening an image does not make me choose a Workspace. I don't know what's up with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  I could probably get used to hitting my big toe every morning with a hammer - and come on board with that - but I'd prefer not to.

I would just go back to an earlier version but presumably the recent advances - like subject selection - will be missing.

Is it not possible to remove Lightroom and cloud options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point about the workspace is that it should appear automatically when you click open (a file) on the start page. Saves time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, clicking on a recent image in the Home page opens the file into my default Workspace in Ps in one click. why you have to choose a workspace, I don't know or I am not seeing it. Maybe someone else here can better answer this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution to bypassing this useless and annoying page is to click the Photoshop logo located in the upper right. That opens my workspace. An added step that totally NOT NEEDED, Adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The only solution to bypassing this useless and annoying page..........."

Just go to Preferences >General and uncheck "Auto Show the Home Screen" then click Ok and close then restart Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Making

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines