• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anyway to change the default Crop Fill: option from "Transparent" to "Content-Aware Fill?"

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I do a lot of image editing for my job and typically have to expand the canvas to adapt images to our website resolution. In previous editions of photoshop I could have the crop tool default to having it auto fill as Content-Aware but as far as I can tell now, the crop tool only defaults to "Transparent (default)" and even when I change it to content-aware fill it always reverts back to transparent when I open a new image to edit.

As far as i've tried, making a new crop preset doesn't save the Content-Aware Fill option and always reverts back to transparent even if I had Content-Aware selected when I made the preset. I also haven't been able to find any setting that lets me change the default.

Does anyone know of a way to change the default to Content-Aware Fill? because i'm out of ideas.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Content-Aware Fill« seems to stick for the Crop Tool here unless a Layer is present for which it is not applicable (Adjustment Layer, …). 

Could you please post unclipped screenshots including the pertinent Panels that illustrate under which circumstances the issue happens exactly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also bugs the F**K out of me and I really wish they would let your selection stick. It used to do it before. C'mon, Adobe. Help us customers out. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kylem61345654 @itsonlysmellz  change the setting on the tool without a document open and it does stick.

I just tested in 25.1 -

1. Started the app
  2. opened my workspace via the Window menu
  3. Chose the Crop Tool
  4. Set the default setting to Content-Aware (or whatever you want)
  5. Quit Photoshop
  6. Relaunched and verified - default settings held.
  7. Opened image - default settings held.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines