• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there somewhere to get replacement disk for Photoshop 7

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to completely format and reinstall the operation system on my old pc. It is Windows XP. I was trying to install Photoshop 7 from my cd but it won't load. I have tried copying the files to another cd and they won't copy. Evidently the cd is corrupt or damaged. Is there someplace I can go to download Photoshop 7 so I can install it back on my XP computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you mean Photoshop Elements 7, no.

These are the installers Adobe has.

Adobe software and other downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you are eligible to go straight to the special CS2 download?  You could try your Photoshop 7 password.

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, I really just want my Photoshop 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ladyvettez06  wrote

Not yet, I really just want my Photoshop 7

I feel you. Still using 6. Mac OS 9.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try copying the files from the cd directly to your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they wouldn't copy. I kept getting a redundancy error, or they whole file like the cab files wouldn't copy over, only part of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off skyp with help. No support for PS7. Can upgrade but it will cost so I guess I'll be looking for another product. If you have cd for your program, back it up incase it quits working. I know i will be making multiple copies of any other program I buy just incase original gets damaged. Oh well, lessoned learned. Thanks for everyones help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 is 16 years old, so it was a big ask to expect telephone support.  Your installation CD is over 16 years old, and optical media does not last forever.  You might find that a different drive has better luck reading the disk, or perhaps one of the tricks to restore old CDs might do the trick

7 Tricks to Fix Scratched CD and Recover Data

If you'd read the link I posted earlier about CS2, you'd know that the activation server is no longer available for that version because it is considered tool old  (three years younger than your version).  So Adobe made available a special install file for CS2 that does not need to be activated.  You need your original serial number to access the special version, and it might be that you serial\ number for version 7, will also let you access the special version of CS2.

It also occurs to me that your computer might be sick and dying.  Reinstalling XP will have helped, but computer hardware does not live forever.  That's as much help as we can offer unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I read the info wrong or what but when I went to the link I thought it said if I had bought a CS2 product I could use the download. I have not bought a CS2 product. I will try another disk drive and the repair link you sent. Thank you for that information. I do appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you input. I was lucky enough to find a friend who also had photoshop 7 disk. So I borrowed their disk and copied the damaged files I could not copy. It is working fine now. Thank you again for the thought in trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very lucky. I would never recommend ebay or craigslist since Photoshop is the most copied software around and you'd likely wind up with a counterfeit, that's malware infected or the wrong language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines