• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with sliders and drop down menu with wacom tablet in photoshop cc 2020

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem area.jpgI installed photoshop cc 2020 today. Whenever I try to move the tool option sliders (ex. brush opactiy, flow, and smoothing sliders) with the tablet pen, photoshop treats it as if I deselected the slider and the slider disappears. This issue does not happen on photoshop 2018 on the same machine. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. My Wacom drivers are also up to date. Sliders in other menus like the adjustment layers work just fine.

Also the drop down menu has an issue where I cannot select the first element in the list with the tablet pen.

Everything works fine with the mouse still.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am not sure if it Windows 10 or PS 2020 that's causing this problem, but it is a pain to work like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, this goes back to Photoshop 2018 for me, I haven't had this issue before. I updated the Wacom drivers (I had very old one) and the issue is still there.

Might be something related to Windows Ink (again?)

If  I disable it in the Wacom Panel, it solve the issue, but I lose the pen pressure functionnalities. Sooo... anyone can suggest a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I found the solution!  You have to 'hack' photoshop settings.  It quite simple, You have to disable Windows ink in the control panel of your Tablet.

Obviously it will disable the pen pressure of Photoshop, but there's a work around.  You need to open a txt note, and type:

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file and rename it to:

PSUserConfig.txt

Move that file in this folder:

C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC xxxx\Adobe Photoshop CC xxxx Settings

If you have trouble to find the settings folder make a Windows Search on C drive: Adobe Photoshop  Settings.

Now you should have Windows Ink Deactivated and still have your pen pressure on Photoshop, and you will be not bothered with the sliders reseting anymore to it original values and other annoyance created by Windows Ink.

A comprehensive video on how to do it even exist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nL10xGIA_s

Hope it help!

Custom Brushes for Photoshop: https://aaronrutten.com/photoshop-brushes Is your Wacom tablet scrolling instead of drawing in Photoshop after updating Windows? This video will walk you through the steps to disable Windows Ink and force Photoshop to use the WinTab driver instead. This works great if

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines