• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with "Edit In" from Lightroom Classic to Ps 25.0

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 25.0 release version has error when using with Lightroom Classic and "Edit In". Same as was seen in the Beta version. Was fixed in Beta 25.1

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that update @USABlackjack -- Sorry about the trouble using Edit in.. I'll start investigating this one .. Are you on Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@USABlackjack I've moved your response into its own thread to help with our conversation.

Just tested it out, and at first I had issue but was able to resolve it by resetting the Photoshop 25.0 preferences.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it fixes it for you?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I see "reset preferences" it scares the crap out of me. I have custom workspaces, actions, brushes, presets, plug-ins, etc. I think if the advice to "reset preferences" is given, then you need to explain if people are going to lose all of that stuff. Backing up and restoring all of those things is incredibly complicated for the average user. This issue with "edit in Photoshop" has been going on for months now, and I'm disheartened to hear that it still exists in this new release. Makes me want to never update PS and LRC. Sorry for the rant. I've had to uninstall Beta becasue of this and I'm scared to death to move forward until this is verifyably fixed. And not being able to use the new features is a major bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply @shayb68441784  -- Your fear with resetting preferences is understandable. The process should be pretty straight forward for moving the settings folder out and being able to move it back if the updated preferences didn't resolve it, but I get the hesitation. 

This is also an area I'm seeing if we can make improvements on for those that have difficulty with moving folders to and from.

Are you running into this same issue with Edit in from Lightroom Classic?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. To answer your question, I have not updated to anything new yet. I tried and tried and tried a while back, but there was always a bug with PS not opening, "Edit as Layers" not working etc. It's all been well documented here for a couple of months now. I've been following this forum, waiting for the resolutions to come, but I have yet to see that everything is working correctly yet, as evidenced by the OP in this post. I'm currently using  LRC 12.4 and PS 24.6 with no Beta. These are the last versions that have worked flawlessly for me. I'm a daily user and don't want to fuss about with losing any of the the "Edit in" or "Edit as layers" functionality. Not to mention that the at the beginning of all this, Adobe removed the "Edit as Layers in PS" shortcut, adding to the confusion. And many here have been having problems with PS not opening the file, and/or PS opening the file but then not switching apps and coming to the surface. So, long story short, I patiently waiting until everything just works before I upgrade anything more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting Preferences seems to have fixed the issue ... BUT ... this should not be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree about the "reset settings" advice!! Why can't Adobe just tell us which setting is most likely the problem instead of the slash and burn method? I have been burned more than once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resetting the Preferences which worked 1x does not work now. Have to go back to Beta 25.1

This is really annoying. Especially since the same thing was seen in the ver 25.0 beta tests. Had to be corrected in 25.12 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not fix the issue unless also have PS BETA 25.1 also installed. Uninstall the 25.1 beta and the issue returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OSX Ventura, 13.5.1 - MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max

"Fixed" issue by using Creative Cloud app to uninstall both PS 25.1 beta and then PS release 25.0 while "keep" settings. Reinstall PS 25.0 release and has worked correctly for 24 hours.

Did not have to do anything with Lightroom Classic 12.5 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines