• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged line in one area

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's like an invisible horizontal line across the screen and sometimes when I draw a line over it I get this noticeable jagged edge. And for some reason it moves when I zoom in and out.

This seems like a recent issue because I've never had this before.

Capture.PNG

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

(Windows 10, Intuos4L, both monitors)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Hi

Zoomed out you are not viewing the full blended image but a blend made from  8 bit low resolution previews, even if your main image is 16 bit. This is done to speed up screen redraws with multi-layered documents. Always zoom in to 100% to check out screen artefacts.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a GPU issue.

As a temporary fault finding step, try turning of use graphics processor in Photoshop >Preferences Performance.

You say you are using two monitors . That works well but only if both are driven from the same GPU. If you have two GPUs it can cause issues. See steps 7 & 8 here:

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time Dave. The lines became a lot more wavy, so would this indicate a GPU problem? I'll take off the second monitor and see if I still experience the issue.

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has a sort of snap to grid look, but can't be for several reasons.

Does it happen with all brush presets?

Do you have any brush smoothing turned on?

Does your tablet have any deep scratches that are nudging the stylus off course?

Do you drink a lot of coffee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you c.pfaffenbicler, I turned back on graphics processor and when I zoom in 100% I have a hard time getting the jagged line problem to appear. Thats strange now when I zoom out I cant get the problem to show either. I usually work zoomed out a lot A4 600dpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Zoomed out you are not viewing the full blended image but a blend made from  8 bit low resolution previews, even if your main image is 16 bit. This is done to speed up screen redraws with multi-layered documents. Always zoom in to 100% to check out screen artefacts.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. It did come back, but as it's doesn't affect the end product so I can live with it.

It's just so weird though because I use it over 12 hours a day since January (was on Mac) and never had this issue until recently.

Thank you for your time and help Dave, Trevor and c.pfaffenbicler. I really appreciate it. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes a GPU driver update (dropped by Windows) can introduce a problem - so it may be worth going to the manufacturers site and check if there is a later driver

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines