• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Javascript in Photoshop] Q: How to get W and H when using transfom?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have been thinking of how to get width and height (%) when using free transform. I'm very new to Photoshop Javascript so I have been trying searching for [Free Transform in Javascript Photoshop] but there's no answer. 

I found one answer but it was just bounds (x,y,w,h) in px.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/get-x-y-position-and-width-height-of-...

How can you get width and height (%) when using free transform in Photoshop Javascript?

WidthandHeight.png

Thanks for your time. 

Best regards.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do?

Smart Objects complicate things for scripters. This may be possible with AM code, however, that is beyond my knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Stephen, thanks for your reply.

There's a problem when using move tool, which cause the width and height of smart object become different. Which I want to fix (% of width and height must be equal)

I was trying to get the % width and height of the smart object when using free transform, using alert(). So this is my thinking, base on the previous forum link.

I am very new to Javascript, so I don't know how to use d.getDouble(stringIDToTypeID("width"))) didn't work. I hope this answers your question, best regards and have a nice day.

function get_layer_width(layer)
{

if (layer.kind == LayerKind.SMARTOBJECT)

{

var layer0 = activeDocument.activeLayer;

activeDocument.activeLayer = layer;

var r = new ActionReference();

r.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Lyr " ), charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" ), charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" ) );

var d = executeActionGet(r).getObjectValue(stringIDToTypeID("smartObjectMore")).getList(stringIDToTypeID("transform")); //active free transform action

var tmp = d.getDouble(stringIDToTypeID("width")));  //get width

alert(tmp);
}
var docRef = app.activeDocument;
get_layer_width(docRef.layers[0]); //layer[0] must be smart object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines