Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jittery lines photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have jittery lines in Photoshop when I draw lines slowly. However when I turn on 'override high dpi scaling' it is solved.

This way the UI is very small and unusable.

Does anyone know how to solve this (without lazy nazumi)?

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Wacom tablet to draw with? If so, you can adjust the settings. Under Brush Dynamics,  apply the Smooth setting, this should help take away the jittery-ness. You can also adjust the Wacom settings. Let me know if you need help with that.

Hope this helps,

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had smoothing already turned on. Without it is a real mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not Wacom related. It is photoshop related. When I turn off 'override high dpi scaling' on Autodesk Sketchbook there is no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I must admit, I much prefer Sketchbook Pro for drawing, it feels like drawing with real pencils and pens. Having said that I haven't come across an issue with jittery lines. Sorry I e been unable to help you further. Good luck and keep me posted!

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this happen in Windows not only in Photoshop, but also in MS Paint, PhotoLine, GIMP, and other applications when drawing zoomed out with a Wacom tablet. It is an interpolation issue, and some applications have built-in solutions (like a stroke stabilizer or their internal code takes care of the problem).

I am afraid only Lazy Nezumi might be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if this was ever resolved but I'm having the same issue and I do use Lazy Nezumi. It works fine for a while but the jittery lines come back randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines