• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I just updated to Photoshop 2024 and when I try to save images in a JPEG format it does not give me that option. I do get a JPEG2000. I have clients who want images in in JPEG. Sometimes smaller files so they can download them onto their webistes of social media sites. Is there anything I can do to bring regular JPEG back?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A document that has properties not supported in the target file format, is now under Save A Copy.

That typically applies to jpeg, which doesn't support layers, 16 bit depth, transparency or alpha channels. If the document conforms to the jpeg specification, it will be available under Save As. This is how Photoshop worked up to and including CS4 in 2010.

A policy change in MacOS in 2021 made direct saving to jpeg impossible.

Later, Adobe found a workaround to this, which is enabled by checking "Legacy Save As" in Preferences. This time it cannot be the default, as there is a real risk of unintentionally overwriting originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to using Save a Copy, there is also Export > Export As/Quick Export or Export > Save for Web (Legacy) for saving images for devices/screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines