• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG to PSD

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a file as a JPG, it saves just fine, but then if I close out the program and open that same jpg file again, it is a PSD file. All the layers are still there and it's not a flat file. Was this a new feature in the recent photoshop update?? Its a bit hard to send JPG files and the other person opens it in their photoshop and the fonts are messed up, etc. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si no estoy equivocado que fácilmente sí, pienso que un jpg no guarga capas. Seguramente si miras en propiedades del archivo, tenga la extensión que tenga , te aparecer como .psd. ´ La clave debe estar en el guardado.  Utilizas "guardar como", esto te permitiría guardarlo como jpg. Tendrías que habilitar esta opción en preferencias. Y revisar si en preferencias tienes activado psd como formato de guardado. Si te he ayudado, me alegra mucho. Si no, cualquier otro te dirá lo que sucede.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save out a jpeg, you will also be prompted to save the original file so that you don't lose data. This is what you have reopened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esto lo desconozco. Cuando guardo una archivo no se me pide que guarde el archivo original, sí que se me dide por ejemplo guardar con o sin capas.  Entonces tiene que tratarse algo con lo que yo no opero. ¿Me puedes ayudar? ¿Qué es?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Finder.  You'll see that you have both JPG abd PSD files on the drive and that's the way it should be.  You always want to keep a PSD or TIFF with layers and other properties that won't be saved with a JPG.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchísimas gracias. Entiendo que te refieres a la búsqueda en el explorador de Windows. ¿Hay que añadir algún concepto en las opciones de búsqueda como "contenido de archivo"?   De vez en cuando hago búsquedas desde "este equipo" y poniendo el nombre del archivo sin extensión y sólo me aparece el jpg o tiff, según haya guardado y el raw que siempre conservo. ¿Se guardan en alguna carpeta específica o directorio? Perdona las molestias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No te había comprendido. Después de leer otros comentarios, alguno tuyo también, he llegado a concluir que lo que haces es aconsejarme respecto al guardado en formatos que permitan mantener información como capas, etc.  Se ve que el JPG no es un formato que aprecies. Hasta ahora he encontrado que cuando quiero una ampliación , sea en papel, aluminio, lienzo... las empresas que prestan el servicio me solicitan formato JPG.  Pero entiendo tus razones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@25895210053q the clue is here "All the layers are still there and it's not a flat file."

Jpeg doesn't support layers. You MUST be saving the Jpeb as a flattened copy - and your original layered file (PSD or TIFF) seems to be what you are re-opening.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines