• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated to Photoshop 2020 - gray screen redraw.

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Photoshop CC2020 on both my iMac and my Macbook Pro and now - with high resolution files - I'm gettting an occasional gray screen between processes or processing (layer transitions, resizing, changing fonts, applying filters) - I"m not sure it's a redraw or what but it's quite annoying. Any ideas what the heck is going on here? It's happening on BOTH my computers so....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also confirm experiencing the issue over the past few releases, including the latest (21.2.2). I'm running an iMac Pro (base model). 

This is precisely why apps like Affinity Photo have found such an eager customer base. 

adobe bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still didn't fix it!  Please Please Please!   I am a teacher and it is killing me.     

Thanks for the help! 

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated. The problem is not solved. When does Adobe start paying us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue even though I have updated the latest version 21.2.2 😞 ... so damn annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that some of you are still facing this issue with Photoshop.

Would you mind doing a quick app preferences restore to see if it the issue still persists? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I will work on a design, briefly check email come back to a gray screen. If I click on any layer in the design it will bring the image back. Please fix this? Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Newest version of Photoshop from cloud. Very annoying. Gray screen when I am trying to work on a layer. Shows part of the screen but rarely all of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem Mac Book Pro 10 15 6. 

Latest version of Photoshop 2020.  21.2.3

Either Black screen or Grey screen.  Please help me fast.  I am a high school teacher that is working 24 /7 to teach in person during a pandemic as well as simultaneously teach kids at home.  I am beyond tired and having trouble with this during class and I am at my witts end!   I have tried all suggested here.   PLEASE HELP.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They sure havent done anything to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated as recently as today (09/23/20) and my imac is still experiencing the issues with the stage turning gray when I click anywhere on the secondary screen. So so annoying. I have been running 2019 for months hoping for a damn fix and still nothing. Luckily, my Macbook Pro is running 2020 without any issues when connected to a secondary screen. 

Please fix this, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into settings > performance and turned "Use Graphics Processor" ON, and then in Advance Settings I chose "Normal" for Drawing Mode. So far it seems to behave. 

I'm using a 13" Macbook Pro 2020 with 32GB memory, Quad-i7 and Intel Iris 1536MB on Big Sur 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug still isn't fixed in Photoshop 25.0.0. I'm so tired of having to zoom in and out to get the image to reappear. Also, I cannot uncheck "30 Bit Display" because it's grayed out.

Untitled-1-4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines