Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Photoshop Hidden in Taskbar/Background

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work a lot in the photo booth industry and we use droplets/actions to affect the guest's photo before print. Our current set up uses software to auto run a droplet after a DSLR snaps the pic and then ideally show the new photo in a slideshow. However, Photoshop continuously opens up and covers the slideshow. Is there a way to just keep photoshop hidden in the taskbar on windows ? Appreciate any help or links to resources, thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @yesimfaceless,

I just activate Photoshop's home screen and slide it as far as I can off the monitor. I do a lot of automated tasks/scripting and haven't found a way to completely hide the app.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 can have virtual desktops. I have not played with that yet, but maybe it could help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tested it myself and it works well here.
I closed PS. Then I made a new desktop in which I started PS. I went back to my earlier desktop and dragged some pics onto a droplet. It worked with no PS in sight 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try minimizing the screen and then moving it off the edge of the window.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines