• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut But in PS 2023

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying issue with photoshop 2023 which just installed on my Mac. When switching between tools using keyboard shortcuts the tools quick revert back to previously used tool. It's infuriating. Sometimes they revert back multiple times despite repeated changes in tool. Have to repeatedly hit keyboard short cut to make it finally "stick". This renders the shortcuts useless because you can't intuitively switch between tools. This example switches between brush and eraser, but its happening with all tools and shortcuts. 

See screen recording

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Make sure this is enabled if you don't want to cycle nested tools by hittng the letter only. (It's on by default with clean settings)

JeffreyTranberry_0-1668186113014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a wacom device by chance?

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

If restoring prefs doesn't help, go to Preferences > Tools and uncheck "Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts." Do things work correctly now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem to have fixed the bug. Although now I have to rebuild my workspace so that's annoying haha 

Is there a way to prevent it from switching "nested" tools when you hit the same shortcut more than once? IE I hit the B key and it initally chooses the Brush tool, if I inadvertently hit it again it switches to the Pencil Tool which I rarely use. Can I revert that to the previous style that didn't switch to the nested tools with multiple hits? 

I am NOT using a Wacom device. Macbook Pro trackpad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure this is enabled if you don't want to cycle nested tools by hittng the letter only. (It's on by default with clean settings)

JeffreyTranberry_0-1668186113014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines