• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop died

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I'm sure this has been asked on forums before, but search was failing me.

I was running Photoshop CS6 on a Windows 8 laptop.  It was a one time purchase using a product key.  Unfortunately, the power cord for that laptop no longer works.  I'm hopeful I can get a replacement, but in case I can't, I wanted to look into the possibility of installing Photoshop on a Windows 10 computer.  From what I can find, Adobe allows up to 2 computers per user.  What I'm not finding is where I download the second copy.  Most links seem to take me to Photoshop CC.  I found one that offered a download for a new purchase of CS6.  I'm not sure this qualifies, but it wanted a product code before I could look into it further.  I know I have the original product key somewhere, but after 2 years and a house move it will be extremely difficult to find.  I thought I remembered re-installing it before from my account without the key.  Am I wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same experience, and it was even with PS CS6. I had purchased the software, so I logged in to my Adobe account and there is a page called "Adobe ID Downloads" where you can download it again by signing in to your account. When you say it was a one-time purchase, what does that mean? I mean you paid for the software, right? I also re-downloaded my Adobe Acrobat to my new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling CS6 and stopped making it for anyone else to sell. Almost all copies you find "for sale" are pirate copies, which typically also install malware. If you don't want to subscribe for $10/month, and don't have your own old copy that still works, I suggest you look for a non-Adobe alternative rather than take such a risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not looking to purchase a new copy from anyone else.  I legally purchased a copy from Adobe several years ago.  I am simply looking to re-install the copy I already own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, at this point someone from "Adobe" may well contact you, offer a Skype support session, and find a way to sell you CS6 after all. If this happens THEY ARE A SCAMMER impersonating Adobe !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mollykitti,

regarding the "Adobe allows up to 2 computers per user":

「Pro Tip」  You can also deactivate a specific device inside your Adobe account: Learn how to activate and deactivate Creative Cloud apps

For anything else, JJMack got you covered

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that, however as the reason I'm re-installing it is that the other laptop isn't working, I don't think I'll need them both at once.  I'm kinda waiting to deactivate the other one until I find out if I can replace the cord.  But thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever register CS6 with Adobe? Your serial number would be under the email you used to register it.

Otherwise, you will have to rummage through the boxes you packed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it was registered.  I just wasn't finding it listed under my account.  I was missing the "plans" step.  I followed JJMACK's advice.  It looks like it's going to work, but I was waiting until it finishes the download before I officially click "answered".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines