• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lasso tool add and subtract shortcut does not work with apple pencil and ipad as second monitor

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Lasso tool in Photoshop I am unable to use keyboard shortcuts for adding or subtracting to my selection when using my iPad as a second monitor with the Apple Pencil.
This is both as an extension of the desktop, and as a mirrored display.

If I make a selection with the Apple pencil on ipad, and then switch to use either the mouse or the trackpad, when holding shift, or option/alt - it behaves normally: adding or subtracting from the existing seleection as expected.

This is extrememly frustrating as it's a normal part of my illustration and image editing workflow.

Would love any insight here please 🙂

Using mac OSx 13.6.1
Photoshop 25.2.0

Ipad Pro iOS 17.3

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, @MrSeanG. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more specific info about this, and I'll help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here.

Before troubleshooting, update the macOS via settings & Photoshop to the latest version via the Creative Cloud desktop app & check if the issue exists. 

Awaiting to hear from you. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines