• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Photoshop 'save as' dialogue window will not allow me to save to local hard disk

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the lastest version of Photoshop when I go to the save as window it will not let me select any local HD folders or save in any format at all. Only when I select the PSD option does the save to cloud check box become functional and I can save there. 

I've tried reverting to the previous version and allowing full disk access but still no luck.

I'm on a Macbook Pro in OS Monterey

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Update. Tried uninstalling Photoshop, reinstalling with still the same results (Illustrator and other Adobe applications have no issues saving). Finally updated Monterey OS to the latest version of 12.5.1 and it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with the version.

Go to Mac OS System Preferences/Security and Privacy and add Photoshop to Full Disk Access list and check the checkbox. You will need to relaunch PS to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

I had mentioned that I'd allowed full disk access (but maybe wasn't clear about where). It was exactly as you mentioned but it didn't fix the problem.

To give more detail to the problem, when the save as window is open I cannot click on anything other than the file format or 'save to cloud' by using a mouse, even clicking cancel does nothing. I can toggle through various options using the tab key and can only cancel using command "."

If I open a jpg file, make changes then flatten and "command save" it works fine, it's only when I "save as" there are problems. It's very strange, in many years using Photoshop I've never experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is odd. Have you tried resetting your PS preferences? Go to Photoshop Preferences/General and click the Reset preferences upon quit button and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopefull and just tried resetting the PS preferences, but still the same problem unfortunately. It really is odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update. Tried uninstalling Photoshop, reinstalling with still the same results (Illustrator and other Adobe applications have no issues saving). Finally updated Monterey OS to the latest version of 12.5.1 and it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines