Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers do not overlap enough.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to auto align layers in PS but I keep receiving a pop up message telling me that layers do not overlap enough to detect alignment. Images intended for alignment should overlap by approximately 40%.

I have never had this message before but have done this task several times in the past but this is the first time since updating my OS to Monterey Version 12.0.1

0260C00F-9E77-4F02-86F5-0919DF782FD0.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

In my experience, a lot of this has to do with the content of the image. If there are fairly large areas with little detail, PS has a hard time aligning. I would imagine astral photography would fall under this, with large areas of black with very small detail

Graphic images don't work well either where there are bold lines. You would think that that type of image would be easy, but I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the files you're having trouble aligning? (link to cc files or dropbox) It's possible the images don't have enough unique features to align. Does it work it other sets of images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same message, and never had this issue before. I had to save the images as tiffs so I could use Topaz DeNoise AI on each file first.  I'm still learning that, so maybe that made the issue worse. Then I tried to auto align.  The images are close enough to alignment.  There's some problem somewhere else, perhaps, as I can't attach them, even when resizing and changing to jpg.  Should I always try to stack and align first before exporting to Topaz DeNoise AI? that would make life much easier, too. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with astrophotography using a tracker - so the images are very well aligned.  Using Bridge, which admits that it's not designed for a Mac with am M1 chip like mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, a lot of this has to do with the content of the image. If there are fairly large areas with little detail, PS has a hard time aligning. I would imagine astral photography would fall under this, with large areas of black with very small detail

Graphic images don't work well either where there are bold lines. You would think that that type of image would be easy, but I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case you might consider cropping the pertinent files to near the edge of image info of the moon. The empty areas are confusing PS. Just crop to near the edges and Save As, making a new set of images to merge.

I discovered this by photomerging sections of copied art against a black background. Merging them with a lot of the background often failed. When I cropped and saved, the new "tighter" files merged just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi...have you solved the issue yet?? im facing it right now. 3 days ago it still works but today after im taking a lunar eclipse trying to do the auto aligned and its pop up the same messaged as yours.

Can you spill the solution for me? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines