• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers dupicating outside of artboads

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I duplicate a layer in Photoshop cc 2019 it falls above the artboard rather then on the layer that I'm duplicating. Any ideas?

Thanks

Amy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please check new features video of cc 2019 hope that helps if problem still exists wait for full trial setup of 2019 as its under review yet...Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Can you tell me where in the video this issue is discussed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i just checked artboards are working fine on cc 2018 can you show me picture what is issue you facing

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways to duplicate a layer in Photoshop. Can you describe precisely how you are duplicating your layers? By that, I mean the exact gestures you are using?

There are two known bugs with layer duplication within an artboard. A fix is in the pipeline for both:

• Layer Panel: Dragging a layer cell to the new layer icon at the bottom of the Layer Panel.
  • Duplicate Layers Dialog: selecting a layer and then using the main menu or context menu. If you duplicate to the same artboard (e.g. Artboard 1 to Artboard 1), the layer may duplicate to (hidden) canvas coordinates instead. Auto-nesting into another artboard may follow.

In the meantime, try Option-Drag to duplicate the layer, either on-canvas or in the Layer Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as described and my workflow is:

- Right click on the layer

- Go to Duplicate Layer

- Use the default options (same document, same artboard)

- The layer is duplicated to outside artboard, instead of auto-nesting from actual artboard.

With a little tests here, I find that this problem just occurs with a updated file (from 2018 to 2019). If i try to reproduce in a newly created file, nothings happened.

Info: Photoshop 2019 (20.0.0)

Edit:
I uploaded a file that you can reproduce this bug, in PS 2019: PS_Bug.psd - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear: Your steps reflect a known bug which has been fixed in development builds. A fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines