• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers Panel Keeps Starting Collapsed

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only started happening I think with the previous (25.4?) update, or at least a couple months ago.

Basically the Layers panel always starts collapsed after opening a new blank document. See screenshot below. I have to double click it to expand it. At first I thought it was an issue with my custom workspace, but then I tried enabling Essentials (Default) and resetting it, and it still does it!

Things I've Tried:

• Switching to Essentials (Default) and then selecting "Reset Essentials" to be sure
  • Ensuring the preference for "Auto-Collapse Iconic Panels" is unchecked
  • Ensuring "Auto Show Hidden Panels" is checked
  • Enabling / Disabling "Lock workspace"

Things I've Noticed:

• For both the Essentials workspace (and even my custom workspace), if I hit Reset workspace, the Layers panel DOES expand how it should. However, if I then close Photoshop and re-open, new documents again start with it minimized.
  • The panel is indeed collapsed, not just shrunken like you'd drag it small. Because when I right click the Layers panel thing, there is an option to "Expand Panel" which isn't there when it's expanded

Screenshot:

ThioJoe_0-1709063543046.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it's going off the bottom of the screen. Can you drag up the top of the panel group? Could you post a screenshot of the entire workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it's not.  It's minimized!  It keeps minimizing this panel no matter how many times i reset it and change options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your screen resolution? Display scaling other than 100% in Windows?

How many panel groups in the column?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So very strangely, literally after a month, it seemed to fix itself in the middle of me making a screen recording to demonstrate the problem. I didn't do anything special, I had just toggled between maximized and non-maximized window modes a couple times to show that the panel wasn't going off the bottom of the screen (which it wasn't). But then, after maximizing it like normal and resetting the workspace, then restarting photoshop, now the layer panel opens as expected, for both my workspace and the default essentials workspace. After a month of not working. šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” Not sure exactly what sequence fixed it but I think it had to do with resizing the window

So I guess if anyone else has this issue maybe try double clicking the title bar to not be maximized, then resize the window a bit randomly, then put it back, and maybe it will fix it? Very bizarre.

Anyway here's a full screenshot of my workspace, but again it was doing it with the essentials default one too. My screen resolution is 3840x2160, Windows is set to 150% scaling, and Photoshop's "UI Scaling" setting is set to auto.

ThioJoe_0-1709141893094.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, very strange indeed. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines