• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Levels Adjustment Layers not working

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the levels adjustment layer but every time i try to adjust the levels, no changes are made or reflected on my image whatssoever. I've uninstalled the app so many times and restarted and this is driving me nuts.

Windows PC and using 2024 Photoshop 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Do you understand how Levels works? If you leave it at default, then no there won't be a change to the image. You are adjusting the blend of a null change, one that does nothing. Try setting the black level to 128 as a test, THEN adjust BlendIf.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @riotboi, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with levels. Did this just start happening with the most recent 25.11 release? Is it only the levels adjustment that isn't working? Is the behavior the same on any type of file you try? Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, did you try manually resetting your preferences? If not, instructions are outlined here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually. Let us know if that changes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 25.11.0.76
Seems like the other tools work fine on photoshop

Same issue happens when i try to adjust the levels on another file 
Manually resetting preferences did not work

Rosario28567208q44h_0-1724107863951.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the layers panel expanded and visible? Select the layer with levels in the Layers panel, then take a screenshot of the entire window and paste or upload it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attaching screenshot and screen recording 

Rosario28567208q44h_0-1724107958144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's Blend-If, not levels. Your level controls are right above your Layers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah sorry my wording was wrong - I need to adjust the Blend if layers but the changes do not reflect - based on the screen recoriding, do you have any ideas why this doesnt reflect? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you understand how Levels works? If you leave it at default, then no there won't be a change to the image. You are adjusting the blend of a null change, one that does nothing. Try setting the black level to 128 as a test, THEN adjust BlendIf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously not well enought but apprecite the insight! I was following along with a yt tutorial and hadnt caught why op was able to change their Blend If sliders and i could not 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and when you do that, make sure to have the image at View > 100% (ctrl+1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attaching screen recoridng with image view at > 100% - still the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All appears to be normal in your video clip.

Your video shows a levels adjustment with no change in the adjustment controls. Then you use Blend If to control which lightness range is being impacted by that unchanged levels adjustment layer. But without a change in the actual levels controls (in Properties) there is of course no visible impact.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy crap- thank you. i was watching a yt tutorial and i didnt catch that op was only able to change the blend if because they had changed the levels. I thought you would need to jump right to the Blend If part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned on Reddit, you need to post screenshots if you want people to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines