• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

levels and curves histograms no longer fit in their window

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug or I have inadverently changed some parameters but my levels and curves windows have just started behaving differently.  The histogram no longer fits in the window.  I now have to enlarge the window to see the full histogram.  When I then reduce the size of the window back to its normal size the histogram does not correspondingly reduce in size.  In the normal sized window my blacks look blocked and my highlights blown but this is not the case.  I un-installed the app removing all preferences and plug ins.  Re-installing the app did not make a difference.  I am using the latest version of photoshop, a reasonably powerful newish pc and windows 11.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this yesterday. I just checked v 2021, and the Properties panel scales the graphs to fit the panel. If I run Image  > Adjustments > Levels, the graph area is 255 pixels wide (makes sense). I have both 2021 and 2014 set up with the same size Properties panels, at about 212 pixels wide. 2024 crops off part of the graph, but the control sliders point to what, now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  My description of the "bug" is slightly incorrect.  Only the right hand side of the histogram does not fit in the window.  Thus, in the attached photo the value "0" in the control slider is represented correctly in the histogram but the value "255" is not represnted correctly in the histogram and is in fact pointing at about a value of 165 on the histogram.  The midpoint value "1.00" on the control slider is also now not pointing to the midpoint on the histogram but at a point closer to the dark values. The glitch is minor but it is annoying.  Photoshop (the same version) on my laptop is behaving correctly but being old and low spec is very, very slow.  It is strange, I use Photoshop everyday (and levels and curves), one day it was working fine and then the next day it wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, they have done something odd here. Just as Semaphoric says, the active area now seems to be 255 pixels wide - but that actually does not make sense, it should be 256! Zero is there too.

And if I make a screenshot and zoom in, the graph is still anti-aliased, so it's not exactly one pixel row per value.

And then on top, they have added some padding on either side that can be visually confusing.

No, I'm not sure I like this. I can work with it, but it feels...odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines