• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de japonés
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de coreano
Salir

Lighter Color layer mode - jagged edges. Assistance needed.

Comprometido ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copiar vínculo al Portapapeles

Copiado

In a photo that I'm editing, I have to use a layer in Lighter Color mode. It produces the results just that I need, color wise.

The problem are jagged edges without any anti-aliasing around the object of that layer. Is there a fix for this, smoother or anti-aliased?

Thanks!

Vistas

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Directrices de la comunidad
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines

correct answers 1 respuesta correcta

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Depending on the »Lighten«-Layer and the underlying image content a noticable »break-off« may be unavoidable. 

Blend Modes are generally quick but their results may lack the subtlety one may desire – in that case other approaches like the use of Layer Masks etc. may be necessary. 

Please also provide screenshots of the two layers separately. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines
Comprometido ,

Copiado

Here's part of the image at 100% crop. As you can see the purple lines are jagged.

I tried with masking and so far that's the only solution that works. Going with 0% hardness brush along with the edges on the mask.

_V3A3087.jpg

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copiado

MÁS RECIENTES

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible

But judging the Layers’ content from the Layers Panel’s icons may be difficult anyway, so please post the two Layers as separate images. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Depending on the »Lighten«-Layer and the underlying image content a noticable »break-off« may be unavoidable. 

Blend Modes are generally quick but their results may lack the subtlety one may desire – in that case other approaches like the use of Layer Masks etc. may be necessary. 

Please also provide screenshots of the two layers separately. 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Comprometido ,

Copiado

Thanks, I will post the screenshot when I get home.

I was wondering if there was some anti-aliasing setting that I didn't enable.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Anti-aliasing has nothing to do with Blend Modes’ effects. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_anti-aliasing

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines