• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Effect greyed out in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no matter what images I am using PS on - whenever I try to use the lighting effect, it's permanently greyed out dead feature. Why is it not activated? Help. Thanks. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

Please ensure you have the option to Use Graphics Processor enabled under Preferences, then Performance. If it's not, try enabling the option & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If you're not able to enable the option (it's greyed out), please check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see, 🙂 the Preferences >> Graphics Processor settings are fine: see screenshot. Yet feature still disabled  

PewterGraphics_0-1628893671681.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It doesn't look like Photoshop is seeing your GPU, this is from your screenshot

2021-08-14 09_21_30-Lighting Effect greyed out in Photoshop - Adobe Support Community - 12316430 — M.png

and this is from my preferences

2021-08-14 09_22_36-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

Have you tried updating your GPU driver from the manufacturers website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged, 
I revisited my Performance interface: now there's no dropdown selection for my graphics processor but I certainly do have a graphics processor is this is our design PC which is the most powerful one in the office and we use all Adobe Creative Suite on it. Can you tell me why I have no drop down? Thz. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no drop down option I'm afraid, Photoshop either recognises the GPU or it doesn't, in your case Photoshop can't detect yours.

What kind of GPU do you have in the PC and what version of Photoshop are you using. Photoshop requires a GPU with a minimum of 2GB VRAM with DirectX 12 support

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines