• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop not syncing

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted Photoshop Beta to take care of the problem of locked up start screen.Now Lightroom and Photoshop are not synced. Open in Photoshop is greyed out and I cannot open any Lightroom photos in Photoshop.I don't want to uninstall and reinstall if I don't have to. To many plugins and such that I don't know where I have the serial numbers for,etc. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the risks of installing a beta alongside the regular production version.

The latest installed will take over the file associations and the edit in Photoshop function. That's all fine as long as you have both still installed - you can then change it in Windows settings.

Problems happen when the one holding file associations is uninstalled with the other still in place. It will then take file associations with it, and hand them back to the operating system. Depending on a lot of factors this may not hand them back to the other Photoshop version that you still have installed.

All of this can be avoided by knowing this and taking it into consideration. Installation sequence is the key.

But if problems already have happened, the easiest way to correct it is to uninstall and reinstall. When Lightroom is involved, uninstall and reinstall both, and again, sequence matters. Install Photoshop first, Lightroom second so that it finds the correct Photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @oshcan1. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll help you figure this out. We understand that the recent issue required an uninstallation for Photoshop (beta). You can set up or recreate the link between Lightroom Classic & Photoshop 2024.

Try these steps.

• Reset Lightroom Classic following the second (manual) method from this article: https://adobe.ly/48fAc9Z
  • Uninstall Photoshop & Lightroom Classic and then install again.

If you're on macOS, ensure Lightroom Classic & Photoshop have the required permissions on the macOS: https://adobe.ly/4amzwQg

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

(Use '@mention' to tag me when you reply)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Photoshop & Lightroom Classic and then install again.

By @Sameer K

Is this the same thing that DFosse said two days ago? 

Did I miss the part where the OP said it was LRC, not LR?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad. To me, Lightroom "Classic" is still the original and proper Lightroom, so I tend to just call it that. It's the cloud version that is the derivative offspring, so this naming convention still makes no sense to me. 

But yes, I'll try to be more precise and specify Lightroom Classic in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines