• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link from Adobe downloads the Photoshop installer, it should open Photoshop

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am sure there is a better place to ask this question so apologies if ths is the wrong forum. I did try Adobe chat but I could not get them to understand the issue.

For the last two weeks the links in the page that opens from promotional email from Adobe is not behaviung as expected.

This week it is about Home Made Packing and when I click the 'So Many Possibilites!' link it opens a page with a link that says 'Open in app'. So far so good. When I choose this link it downloads the Photoshop installer, it does not open Photoshop.  I have Photoshop 23.5 installed on a Mac with Monterey 12.5.1 and Safari 15.6.1.

Just wonderd whether anyone else had the same issue.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi iwaddo77

Welcome to this friendly forum.

You should be downloading the application via the Creative Cloud app.

If you have done so, and you have the correct system specs with plenty of RAM and spare hard disk capacity, and it's not launching properly then reset the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults. You can do that under the General Tab in Photoshop preferences, then close and reopen the application.

If it's still not working, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines