Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LINK LAYERS TO CHANGE THE CONTENT

Participant ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a file mock up with many layers that contains the same object, there may be ways to connect all these layers together, so that when i want to change the object inside, i change it only once ?

ex:

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 16.30.21.png

If I need to replace the logo with another one, how can i change the content of the 3 layer of the logo in one go?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you duplicated (Cmd + J) the Smart Object layer then altering the content of one layer would also change all the other layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two way a duplicating smart object layer.  One way create independent smart object layers the other way create smart object layers that share a single  object.  If the smart object layers share a single object all you need to do is replace the object using any of the layers and the content of all the layer will change.  The replacement object must be the exactly the same size and resolution of the object being replaced.   For all smart object layers have an associated transform that is not replaced or edited when you replace an object.  So there are three different transform for this single object.  For them to work correctly the replacement object must be exactly the same size and resolution as the original object.

You want to use  Laye>Duplicate Layer...  to create the smart object layers thate will share and onject.

You do not want to use Layer>Smart Objects>New Smart Object via Copy  that creates independant smart object layer

To replace the object you use Layer>Smart Objects>Replace Contents...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines