• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to download the original PS CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought PS CS6 then the Creative Suite subscription deal started. I have found that this is overkill and cannot justify the expense. I would have all I need with CS6, but of course it was uninstalled when I subscribed to CC. And when I try to download it I get shunted to a page requiring me to subscribe to CC again. Can anyone please give me a link to where I can download my permanently valid, bought, paid for and registered copy of PS CS6?

Big thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Dowload the platform you have a serial for.  Uninstall all Creative cloud software download Adobe cleaner and run it,  Then install CS6 with your Cs6 serial you will also need your CS5 serial if your CS6 serial is an upgrade from CS5.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Dowload the platform you have a serial for.  Uninstall all Creative cloud software download Adobe cleaner and run it,  Then install CS6 with your Cs6 serial you will also need your CS5 serial if your CS6 serial is an upgrade from CS5.

Find your serial number

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack

Can you update this link? The link you presented in 2019 takes you to cloud app download page.

TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tammyromer 

You can download CS6 from here

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Read the "Note: Very Important Instructions" bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't believe I need to uninstall it on my old computer as it was removed when I started my CC subscription. However, I do not see a registration number for CS6, only for CS13, whatever that means. And when I try to install and then registerl, I get the message "This is a valid registration number but there is no applicable product installed.* So I went ahead with installing a trial version, but then the registration code produces the same message. I have tried several times, going back to delete all the files and directories before starting again, all with the same result. (Hardly surprising, I know.) Do I need to use the cleanup app even for aborted installations> If so, please give a link for it, as I cannot find it. I do believe I upgraded from CS5 (I started with CS2 many years ago) but I have only two registration numbers. Should I use the earlier number first, then if that works, go on to enter the second? On another note, the list of products I am offered to select from does NOT include CS6, only CS6 extended. Is that the meaning of CS13? Thank you very much for your help. I am going crazy with this problem...

Roger,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you upgraded CS5 to CS6 you will need to add the CS5 serial key first as far as I'm aware, the serial key determines which version is installed, it's all the same installer for the standard and extended editions

If you're having issues with installing you can use the Adobe cleaner tool found here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is Photoshop version 15. There are three current versions.  Perpetual versions Windows 13.0.1.3, Mac 13.0.6 and Creative Cloud PC|Mac 13.1.2.  If Creative cloud  desktop is installed on your Machine it will at some point want to updated CS6 to version 13.1.2 which will break old perpetual CS6 installs.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. i am installing on a new machine. I need Windows perpetual version 13.0.1.3. I have an Adobe account showing that in the past I took up a CC subscription which may be the reason I can’t get my download to be recognized as associated with my registration number. By the way  the link to the cleaner app doesn’t take me there. It just goes to some menus from which I cannot locate it. Of course I don’t know my way around the site...

What does CS13 mean?

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you login to your Adobe account at Adobe.com and click on Manage Account when in manage account you click on the plan link at the top of the Page  it should take you tot your Plans and Products.  Clicking one My Products should open a page that shows your registered Perpetual products and your Products serial numbers.  Your Photoshop Version 13 CS6 serials  and any other version you activated in the past like CS5.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and they erased my 2 CS6 products (AI and PS). So I cannot download to my new laptop and I'm forced to pay the crazy prices for the cloud or buy a competitor's product. It's ridiculous. Why did they erase and deactivate my older products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed the way you can get the downloads.  The download should now be in your Adobe Account Order History.  However Adobe may have messed up your account like the have mine. While I still see my perpetual registered Adobe products and their serial numbers in My Account My Products.  Adobe failed to Add the downloads in  my accounts order history none of my perpetual products order are in order history just my creative cloud history is in order history.  I had download all the CS6 downloaded I need.  I have the installer, the CS6 updates and ACR 9.1.1 install files.    It sounds like you need to contact Adobe Customer Support to get your Account fixed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I understand it SHOULD be in my account, but it is not. I definitely registered both items and they used to display perfectly. But the last time I logged in was last year (new laptop) and everything was fine.

Now, I have another new laptop, and all the download links for CS6 products are removed and are noplace to be found.

Also, when I look at my account they gave me (assigned to me - I didn't ask for it) a FREE CLOUD ACCOUNT access with the opportunity to purchase the subscription.

I know that's where their money is - but I use CS6 for a reason. I own it. It's on my machine and they can't control me. I abhor subscriptions for software but they are so lucrative everyone's doing it.

But taking the old licenses and registrations away is wrong. Failing to display the account info for my old software is wrong, and trying to "give" me a free trial of the new one at the same time they removed the old copies and downloads and keys is VERY WRONG.

All I'm after is the download url for AI CS6 and Ps CS6. It's not rocket science, but Adobe (for reasons unknown), eliminated them. That's not proper when we've paid for them. Making us jump through 5 or 6 levels of hoops to contact them about it (in an attempt to discourage us from keeping using the legacy product) is nuts.

They should not have made my old keys and products invisible, and should not have removed the downloads. Don't offer support? Fine. Your call. But you can't take away what I paid for. It's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fumpser  wrote

I did this and they erased my 2 CS6 products (AI and PS). So I cannot download to my new laptop and I'm forced to pay the crazy prices for the cloud or buy a competitor's product. It's ridiculous. Why did they erase and deactivate my older products?

I think you are mistaken.   But don't take my word for it.  This is the official response from Jeff Wright, a senior Adobe staff member.  

"Perpetual users are still able to utilize their software.  If they purchased the software directly from Adobe then it will be available under their account by using the process listed in Find downloaded apps and files .

If the auto-update mechanism fails to find the updates then an individual can contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care  to be provided a download link for the updates.

For individuals who purchased their perpetual software from a third-party then they will want to make sure they complete the registration process discussed in Find your serial number .  If they are unable to find the CD/DVD that was provided with their purchase then they will also want to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care so a download link to the installation files can be provided.

Volume license customers can still retrieve the volume license perpetual installation files at https://licensing.adobe.com/.

I hope that helps answer your questions a bit more regarding the download process for perpetual Adobe software titles."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've visited every link on that "help" message, and none of them lead to a CS6 download link for Ps or Ai. That's all I'm after. Sure, I'd like them to list all my software and keys that I registered, but what I NEED is the download link to get it onto my new machine.

Had I known they were pulling these shenanigans, I would NEVER have erased the old install executables when I cleaned my old laptop. I cost myself endless frustration with this new, and stupid, policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fumpser  wrote

I've visited every link on that "help" message, and none of them lead to a CS6 download link for Ps or Ai. That's all I'm after...

Then ccontact customer support by online chat. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a link to CS6 Ai installer download. But not to Ps yet.

It should NOT be this difficult. Why are we being treated like criminals having to get in line and "apply" by answering their questions to access what we already own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is having legal issues with third party developers.  Adobe has now changed change the way they make downloads available in the past week or two the changes all download links.  I purchased my products directly from Adobe.  Adobe still did not create my account order history correctly. It also looks like Adobe did not set up your account order history correctly.  Have you contacted Adobe Customer support directly yet by Phone or by Chat? This is a user forum.... not Adobe Support....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! I just wrote a “thank you” that seems to have disappeared. Here goes again (with apologies if duplicated). Although I need more help and hand holding than most, eventually I was able to fumble my way through the process and now have a working version of PS CS6 on my new computer. Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines