• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify Issues with Canvas Resize, etc

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a smart object is modified with Liquify, and the image canvas dimensions are enlarged, the Liquify results are altered. Liquify results are similarly altered if a smart layer with Liquify applied is moved to another file. I don't see this addressed in the Phtoshop Help Guide, or anywhere else, although I did not search the entire web. This issue can be avoided by never altering canvas size, or dragging the smart layer to another file. But these are very limiting restrictions. I am now using Photoshop 21.0.1 and the issue is unchanged. See attached images.

I believe this is an issue that should be corrected. Perhaps I'm missing an obvious fix?

Using Mac 10.14.6

Before Canvas ResizeBefore Canvas ResizeCanvas ResizedCanvas Resized

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it hard to believe that this isssue has not yet been addressed. I first saw the issue raised in 2014 and it was confirmed to be a bug that the people at Adobe were working on. here we are 6 yrs later and it still hasn't been addressed.

The only work around (and it's not an ideal senario) is after you have liquifed your smart object, place it into another smart object and hey presto, you have a liquify whose mesh doesn't alter when you change your canvas size. But the dowside is that file sizes increase significantly and you end up with smart objects like russian dolls (one inside another, etc etc)!

Would be nice if Adobe could make it possible to limit a liquify mesh to the boundary of the smart object it is affecting, rather than to the whole document boundaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today. I have a complex file with many layers and different liquifications happening on multiple layers. Then the art director asks for the canvas to be enlarged and it's not an easy ask. It should be simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, same issue here, the liquify mesh is defined by the original format of the smart object. Any resizing will extend the mesh like a sourdough, which gives unpredictable results. In my case, it is an interesting parameter to work with, but I understand that this looks like a bug, or a function not well explained. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines