• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading an image into photoshop that has a transperant background

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to use an image in photoshop that is supposed to have a transperant background. It is a an eps file - vector image. On opening it in photoshop it has the grey square background that is usually associated with transperancy but in using it with other images the background is not transperant. 

Is there a trick in opening these files to utilise the tranperancy it has been created with?

Any help welcome

Thanks

Tjilpi

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

I downloaded your file and see it is complicated in its setup.

Here is what you can do.

- After opening the image in Photoshop without the background (where the globe looks black), convert the layer to a Smart Object. Click on the layer, then the menu icon in the top right of the layer panel (3 horizontal lines) and choose Convert to Smart Object.

- Set the layer to Screen.

- Try add a layer behind.

My version below:
vectorglobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how it looks with the background switched off

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tjilpi Mike 

I've seen a lot that are similar. You have a hidden Rectangle and a Group at the bottom. The Rectangle may or may not be for a clipping mask.

Spin open the Group and resize the panel wider so we can see the words. If you are lucky, you will find the checkboard pattern.

Notice the four circles that are solid in the Layers panel. These objects have appearances on them — possibly blending modes and opacity. You can find out using the Appearance panel.

One thing I've discovered with similar images is they are fine against a dark background and fall apart without it. It drives me crazy, but I see it a lot. How are you planning to use it? If it's a night scene, you might be okay when only the checkerboard is gone.

If you don't see it, you can send it to me through Creative Cloud file sharing or Dropbox, and I can look at it in the morning. Send the original eps — don't delete any layers or modify it. Click my name, then click "Message".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines