Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo Design Problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a client who make tatoo and want a logo.

I design the logo with illustrator, that's OK, but now he want i put the logo on a stone photography.

Like if the logo was painted on the stone.

What kind of software i could use to do that ???

I look in Photoshop but i don't find where to do.

Have you ay suggestion ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get this effect in different ways probably, but I'd do it with a texture overlay. If you google "Photoshop Textures," many free ones will come up. Here's one of many that I got from Webtreats a while back:

STONE-TEXTURE-OVERLAY.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/webtreatsetc/art/Stone-Pavement-Marble-Textures-160014787 

-Place the stone texture on the layer under your text. You can also change the stone color with Adjustments.

-Set the text layer to Overlay, or try Soft Light maybe. I can do some screen shots of what I mean if you've never done this before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick example using a stone texture I made myself by photographing an old building. I this kind of what you mean?

STONE-TEXTURE-OVERLAY.jpg

I thought the word layer might be too faint, so I duplicated it and adjusted the opacity slider:

STONE-TEXTURE-OVERLAY3.jpg

You can also get different effects according to what color you make the type layer (mine is white), and you can adjust the hue and saturation of the stone layer as well, with Image>Adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a displacement map to the logo smart object layer may help the logo conform to the texture surface. the smat object is placed on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for you responses

I think i was not so much clear on what he wants.

fba10a179d885d751c2dc09c492cb8c5.jpg

pierre-de-caillou-14008909.jpg

He gave me some stones he take, and he want i make a photo shoot like the second picture.

And after that i need to project the logo on the stone like the first one.

And it was the second i don't know what to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will need a real 3D application that  you can create rock models that you can wrap your 2d tatoos around.    In Photoshop you can try converting your tatoo a smart object layer to harden your tatoo. Then play around with transform scale and warp to see how well you can distort tor tatoo the the rock 3d perspective shape.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you an idea of what kind of software ? Is Adobe have one or do i need another one ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know all of Adobe Software or if they have a full blown 3D Application.   Photoshop's 3D feature is just a little of 3D function an add on that is Broken in  22.1.1.

Adobe Dimension  is an easy to use 3D application for working with Product mockup models.

IMO 3D is Lot of work and requires much knowledge I do not do 3D work.

There is a very powerful Freeware  full blown 3D Application  "Blender". If you think Photoshop UI is coplexx and has too many paletts.  If you look at blender you will see how sample Photoshop's UI is.

If your client  has a geometric object instead of rocks and  If Photoshop 3D feature UV were functional in 22.1.1 you may have been able to find a 3d Model of the object and wrap your Tatoo Design around its flat surface areas. Like I did these Images.

aborwomnoutbak 3ddM Dodec.jpg

BallCollage3-400.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines