looking for the photoshop tree structure for my study project

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently a student in a master's degree in graphic design and as part of a project I would like to obtain the tree structure of photoshop to study it in more detail. I could do the tree structure myself but that would take a considerable amount of time. Does anyone know if it is possible to get it ? And if yes, where ? 

Thank you in advance for your answers

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? A tree structure is used to describe all sorts of information. Please give us a reference or example.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry in French it made more sense, I don't really know how to say it in English but let's say it's about the repteriorisation of all the actions possible to perform and what they imply. There are many examples of application tree or site on the internet I put an example here

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eve232963245veb wrote:

I could do the tree structure myself but that would take a considerable amount of time.

As far as I know, it does not exist, at least not in a form that is available to the public. If you decide to create it yourself, please share it! 😊

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to list every menu command, submenu, palette, and scripting command and what it does. Good luck, there are thousands of features.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are multiple possible tree structures you could analyze. Which one do you want? You could diagram the structure of the menus, commands, panels, and options; or the standard image editing workflow (which actions to take to achieve different editing goals); or the organization of the Photoshop code modules.

One place where a hierarchical tree of Photoshop exists is in the Photoshop User Guide online. You could draw a diagram based on how that is organized into headings and sub-headings. That could be your best option, because it is task-oriented/user-centered.

If you wanted to diagram how the application code is organized when installed, on the Mac you can right-click the application and choose Show Package Contents.

Photoshop-v23-package-contents.jpg

So there are many possible ways to do it. Unfortuately, none of those hieararchies is available as the diagram you attached as an example, so whichever type of tree you want, you will still have to draw that yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines