• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR photos not opening in PS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been beaten to death but I have tried everything suggested...nothing with open in PS from LR, not layers, not smart photos layers, not a single picture to just do a littl etouch up. I have tried all the following to no success:

- reinstalled PS

-rolled LR back a version

-rolled Bridge back a version

-installed  PS tahjt was 4 versions old

-restarted computer

-reinstalled PS then LR

-reinstalled LR then PS

Non of it worked, I am at that point of cancelling adobe if they cant get their products to work. I (we) seem to go through this every few months. Normally it seem to fix it self but this time its costing me money and work. 

Windows, 64g RAM, 12g Video Card, AMD Rayzion 9 16 core

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use Edit In from LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats what I am using, from LR I try to use edit in PS, edit as layers in PS, edit as smart layers in PS and the only thing that happens is PS opens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your files on the local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall both and reinstall Photoshop first, then Lightroom. While both are uninstalled delete the application settings folders in your user account. That's the radical and complete way to reset application preferences, and returns both applications to clean factory state.

A reinstall does not reset (corrupt) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I recover all my photos for LR after that, thats radical but I have 4 years worth of photos 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no "recover". The photos aren't "in" Lightroom. They are sitting out there on disk, irrespective of whether Lightroom is there or not. Just don't touch them. Don't move them, don't rename folders. Just leave them where they are.

The Lightroom catalog file is separate from the application. It is just a record of where the photos are, along with a record of adjustments, just as valid after a reinstall.

EDIT: it sounds like you really don't know how this is organized. So I need to emphasize that you need to ensure that you get the correct settings folders! Don't mess about, don't "try" things. Do a search for Lightroom and Photoshop settings to find the exact locations.

Most importantly, don't delete the Lightroom catalog!!! Don't move your photo folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, uninstalled everything, went into C, users, apps, adobe, and then deleted everything that had LR or PS in it. Found I had a Bridge 2022 and Bridge 2024 so I deleted the Bridge 2022. Reinstalled everything, and still doesnt work...where specifically is the app setting folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any other ideas? I have unistalled and dleted everything and reinstalled (even tried older versions of both) with no luck. Had no issues till a couple of days ago! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines