• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(M1 macOS 12.5) Photoshop Locked Files Issue from server

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users is having an issue using Photoshop.  Occassionally, when trying to open a file, he will get a message stating:

Could not open <<filename>> because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file.  Use the 'Get Info' command in the Finder to ensure the file is unloced and you have permissions to access the file.  If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

In Get Info, the file is not locked, and the user has read/write access.  The files are located on a Windows 2019 server.  The user is using a new M1 Mac mini running Mac OS 12.5.   There doesn't seem to be any pattern to which files are affected, but in those that do, the issue comes up consistently.  The user has been able to work around by duplicating the file, but this issue seems to come up even with file he just closed moments earlier.  I recently moved him from an older iMac that didn't have this issue, so I'm a little unclear if it is an OS or Photoshop issue.

Anyone have any idea if there is a fix for this?

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Photoshop Community. Let me clarify this for you.

When you open & save to a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance & stability.

Configurations to server access have layers of permissions for each user on the network.

Please check this article to learn more & check what other variables can be adjusted: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

I hope this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is simple. This is a Mac OS issue - it's been around for decades but the recent Mac OS security updates (Catalina on up) have made this exponentially worse.

You need to drag local, edit and then move back to the server.

Accessing directly from the server can lock your file (at the least) or worse corrupt it.

That is the solution or invest in a DAM system that allows sharing but also download/upload from local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines