• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS versions that will run CS5

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new computer in 2017 and have continuously upgraded to 10.15 and wish I hadn't. What is the latest version of the Mac OS that is 100% compativle with CS 5 on any Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ran under Mojave, but with issues and some workarounds may be required. Catalina is out of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You speak true. My current Mac is running Mojave and I can run my CS5 Creative Suite on it. Illustrator occasionally crashes, and has a hard time turning images into .png's, but it is doable. I have an old alien trash can mac 2013 and still runs the software decently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider upgrading to Photoshop CC2020 to match your new computer and its OS.

The newer versions have a number of useful new features.

The Photography Plan costs just $10 a month and includes Photosho updates as they become available and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, yeah that's an option. Issue for me is every few years I would spring for the full suite, beginning at ground zero. They cost thousands to get all of the apps needed to design what I wanted.

The last suite I purchased was CS5 and as a pragmatic consumer, dad taught me to make things last. Why would anyone buy something that will be unable to work in the near future? 

When I purchased the suite(s), there was never any talk about phasing out the CDs and changing over to a monthly subscription rental. In order to use the fully purchased software I can only use an older computer.

Adobe should offer a program to those of us who plopped down thousands and thousands in their company under the reasonable assumption there would be updates, but not full conversions from ownership to renting. 

This also happens with Quickbooks too. 

And Apple's sales pitch of extremely pricey G5 Towers which will allow for future expansion. After buying three towers under the guise of future expand-ability, Apple no longer pushes this story.  It's called false advertising. Or it is simply changes in technology which should not punish the consumer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're missing a major part of this equation: the environment is constantly changing. That's why software stops working after a while, and why "perpetual" licenses aren't perpetual at all.

In fact, a subscription model is by far the best way to deal with this, as it provides running updates at no extra cost, keeping the customers current at all times.

I suggest you work out the numbers over time. You'll see that subscription is cheaper and more efficient overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It still works with High Sierra.

I moomentarily upgraded my Mid-2015 MBP to Big Sur 3 years ago but software incompatibilities made me revert to High Sierra. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines