• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac SDK example plugins - none compile (Missing Base SDK)

Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm a Windows developer, and it's been a long time since I've developed our plugin for the Mac (10 years ago using powerpc, codewarrior etc), so my Mac skills are rusty.

I thought I'd start with the SDK examples, but I can't get them to compile.  When I open the Dissolve project I get an error:

'Missing Base SDK'

Project settings has Base SDK set to OSX10.6 (in a custom path that I can't read because XCode truncates it).

The minimum Base SDK I can select is 10.7, but when I do that I get a build error in DialogUtilities.h, "'Dialogs.h' not found"

Do I need to find the OSX10.6 Base SDK and use that?  Where and how?  Or is there an alternative to Dialogs.h that OSX10.7 onwards uses?  This is probably an elementary question, but I can't find the answer!

I'm using:

OS X - Mountain Lion (running in VirtualBox, but I can't see how this would upset the compiler)

XCode - 4.5.2

Photoshop SDK 13.0 - CS6

Thanks

Jamie

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

You should be able to just comment out those header includes. I believe this is the list of files to comment out.

1. 1. SDK common/includes/PIUFile.h
    1. a. #include <Folders.h>
  2. 2. SDK common/includes/PIUtilities.h
    1. a. #include <LowMem.h>
    2. b. #include <ToolUtils.h>
    3. c. #include <FixMath.h>
  3. 3. SDK common/includes/DialogUtilities.h
    1. a. #include <Diaglos.h>
    2. b. #include <Types.h>
    3. c. #include <Gestalt.h>
    4. d. #include <TextUtils.h>
    5. e. #include <OSUtils.h>
    6. f. #include <Menus.h>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found Dialogs.h in ./Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon/

But I've also found:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/Carbon64BitGuide/HIToolboxC...

The Dialog Manager is not available to 64-bit applications. Cocoa provides both sheet and application-model dialogs. For information about using dialogs or panels in Cocoa, see Window Programming Guide and Sheet Programming Topics.

Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of things that Carbon has and Cocoa doesn't, and vice versa. Going Cocoa is more or less a GUI re-write, so if you can simply skip Carbon altogether and stick to CS5/6 x64 it would make your life easier. Carbon is dead, so unless you have a compelling reason to support CS5x32 (or earlier, of course) why bother.

Just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ilya

Thanks for your answer.  So from what you've said, the Dissolve SDK example needs to be updated.  Correct?

I'll be starting the development soon, so it looks like best option is to start from scratch (without examples) and move on from there.

Thanks

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to just comment out those header includes. I believe this is the list of files to comment out.

1. 1. SDK common/includes/PIUFile.h
    1. a. #include <Folders.h>
  2. 2. SDK common/includes/PIUtilities.h
    1. a. #include <LowMem.h>
    2. b. #include <ToolUtils.h>
    3. c. #include <FixMath.h>
  3. 3. SDK common/includes/DialogUtilities.h
    1. a. #include <Diaglos.h>
    2. b. #include <Types.h>
    3. c. #include <Gestalt.h>
    4. d. #include <TextUtils.h>
    5. e. #include <OSUtils.h>
    6. f. #include <Menus.h>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

4. SDK common/includes/PiUi.h

a. #include "Lists.h"

It's also worth noting that you have to use the MacOSX10.7.sdk, and target 10.7; 10.8 will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the latest version of xcode for maverick doesn't support 10.7 anymore. Does anyone know what the best remedy for this would be? Is it sensible to try to make 10.8 work or would it make more sense to put the effort to trying to get sdk 10.7 back on my machine?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, you'll need to add 10.7 SDK. It's not officially supported, but you can just copy it from the Xcode4 installation to the Xcode5. It seems to work fine for me on Xcode 5.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines