• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac UHD630 and Photoshop 23: GPU not acceptable now?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac UHD630 and Photoshop 23: GPU not acceptable now?

This system was working just fine until the latest Photoshop upgrade, which I might add did not come with the warning “will screw up your perfectly functional system.” 

The GPU is fully compatible with OpenCL up to 1.2 and has 1,536 MB of RAM. 

The help system claims that I need to update the driver. The driver shows up as UNKNOWN for both OpenCL and OpenGL in Photoshop's driver details. I am pretty sure there is a driver. The Photoshop driver detail list notes 19 GB/s bandwidth and 1.2 OpenCL compatibility but I still get the error message and "OpenCL unavailable." 

Is there a way to fix this which does NOT require me to go to a newer system? The brighter graphics on the newer OS hurt my eyes, but I don't want to stay in night view all the time.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually restart my Mac and sometimes Reset Preferences. Those are simple first steps.

Until someone who is familar with that card comes along, you can try this troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Another thought is to go into your Creative Cloud Desktop app and downgrade to the previous version of Photoshop that works.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess I can go back a version. Does seem that their workaround largely consist of "shut off opencl." They blame Apple, it seems. As long as they are content to say "just upgrade your OS" I'll have to go back to the prior version or put up with it. thanks for that first URL which I was unable to find.

Shame I can't put in a third party driver - I did that with my old Cheesegrater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines