Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro 2018 gets very hot in Photoshop cc

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

ich just wanted to test out my Wacom Cintiq 13HD on my 6 months old Macbook Pro 2018 (2,6 GHz i7, 32 GB Ram, Radeon Pro 560X) in Photoshop cc.

When i started scribbling, i noticed that the fans went very loud and the Macbook felt very hot.

I installed a Temperature Monitoring App and saw, that the CPU Temps are at 99 degree celsius.

I recorded a Video of it, so you can see and hear it.

I also read something about the CEPHtmlEngine process causing high CPU usage. But that is not the case.

Could you please help me?

Is this a software or a hardware issue or no issue at all and i just have to deal with the fact that i bought my first "pro" device that cost me a fortune and cant keep cool during simple scribbling tasks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is that there is a normal temperature range, which includes quite hot to touch. And there is too hot, though the computer should automatically shut down. Some people don't seem to want to accept that the software they paid for works hard and heats up the computer - all as designed. Not sure what I can say to you except to point out the obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU_Photoshop.jpg

This simple lines shouldn't be the reason for the heavy CPU load + temperatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the exact situation. Using Keynote or any adobe product on my 15'' MBP with 16 gig ram, I7 processor, 512HD, my laptop overheats and shuts off or I have to do a Hard Shutdown. It really is with these applications only. No, the computer is not on my lap as I have plenty of desk space. I have brought it three times to the Apple Store and have spoken to countless individuals at Apple over the phone. It is only now that someone at the store called me to say that the problem may be the Adobe ICloud account and by removing, in the Preferences, the access to the Machine Learning and Desktop App Usage and switch them off. The Apple guys were surmising that there may be a glitch with the Adobe App that can create this overheating problem. I am very frustrated by all of this and hope that this works, but I am doubtful. I have been with a Mac computer since 1996 and feel that the quality has not kept up with their name. Try this in your Adobe Cloud Account and let me know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply.

I tried disabling both, but nothing changed...

To all the people talking about cleaning the fans:

It has nothing to do with dust! The high temperature is caused by turbo boosting the MBPs CPU to max even during the simplest tasks. High CPU load = hight temperature.

IMO Adobe has to fix this! For simple brushstrokes every potatoe compute can handle, i dont neet the full CPU power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apps don't choose to turbo boost. They just use CPU. The Mac then delivers it, and may get hot. Nothing to fix : this power and heat is what you paid for, be happy it all works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name, as I said before: It's ok, when a professional machine works hard and gets hot when it's needed. But simple tasks like drawing in photoshop with a basic brush shouldn't be a reason for that.

joanh22203655​ My Macbook was 6 months old, when I posted my issue. When I am not working on it, it is in a bag. So I don't think, it is a dust problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue. I recently purchased a 2019 Macbook Pro and I am a Graphic Design student so I use the Adobe Suites constanlty. The first hours of me using one of the apps lead the fans to kick in. I let the computer rest for a bit but when I continued the fans would continue and overheat. With my new purchase I immdeailty took it to Apple where I was told the processing power of the one I bought ($1,299) wasn't enough for the applications and was recommended in purchasing the higher priced Macbook Pro ($1,799). As a college student I don't really have the money for that type of computer so I returned the laptop. I instead stuck with my Early 2015 model that holds the minimum power but doesn't over heat or kick up the fans whenever I use the Adobe Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines