Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic wand weird selection

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I've got an issue with the magic wand selection.
I'm one of these people that do the outline, select outside the outline, reverse and fill my colour in.
When I click outside the outline of my colour layer, the selection is shifted (as seen below on the head) I have to ctrl+D and do it again, sometimes works straight away, sometimes work after 2 other tries.
Can be frustrating I have to say.
Any clue? Is that a glitch you encountered too?
Thanks
glitch.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

I've updated the wacom driver and it still does that time to time. When this happened, I've checked the history, and it does indeed seems to do a selection and a selection move just straight after even though I just briefly clicked with the pen without sliding it on the tablet.
I suppose it's something to change in the tablet preferences and/or in photoshop.

Really odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply,
Here's a screenshot, apologies it's in french, but I could remove the language file if you need it in english.
So actually I had an issue with "connection to the adobe servers" just a couple of days ago, continuous login attemps loop, had to uninstall, use their cleaner tool that removed everything adobe on my PC and restart fresh from there. Which worked and I was able to reinstall the software.
Thanks for the link you sent, I'll have a look 🙂
glitch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, on peut déplacer une sélection avec la barre d'espace, n'est-ce pas arrivé accidentellement, ou est-ce le cas à chaque création de sélection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, Je pensais écrire tout en anglais si quelqu'un d'autre aurait ce même problème et viendrait chercher une solution.
Alors nan bizarrement, je selectionne en dehors, ça fait comme l'exemple donné, ensuite deselectionne, reselectionne et là des fois ça marche et suis la forme que je veux sans etre décalé, des fois ça marche la premiere fois, des fois c'est apres la troisieme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you using a graphic tablet? if on Windows, using Wintab or Windows Ink?

Which version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your reply,
I'm using a graphic tablet on windows, last version of photoshop. I had to reset all adobe because of an issue I had a couple of days ago, totally cleaned out everything (with their cleaner tool) and I reinstalled the same version I had (the last one 2021) I'm now with this problem I didn't have before though, that's why I don't understand where it could come from suddenly.

I'll check if there's issues with drivers of tablet, I just thought about it reading your comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I see I've got a few drivers that need to be updated, I didn't think about that. I'll update here if the problem is still there once drivers are updated and PC restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the wacom driver and it still does that time to time. When this happened, I've checked the history, and it does indeed seems to do a selection and a selection move just straight after even though I just briefly clicked with the pen without sliding it on the tablet.
I suppose it's something to change in the tablet preferences and/or in photoshop.

Really odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue with Photoshop 2024 (most current version, up to date). Really annoying! Any luck fixing this? I have to be extremely careful when clicking the magic wand so as not to accidentally drag my selection at the same time I'm selecting a color or region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are your input device settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines