Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magnetic Lasso Tool Not Snapping with Tablet

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running version 23.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro

I've noticed this problem for some time. I use a Huion Kamvas 13 with Wintab, and while every other feature in Photoshop works correctly, including all pressure sensitive brushes, the magnetic lasso tool fails to recognize and snap to edges with the tablet. If I switch to a mouse, it works just fine without even having to close and restart Photoshop.

Can we get a fix for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe does not test or officially support non-Wacom third-party tablets. Please contact the original manufacturer for help with using their tablets. You may check this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Wacom has a monopoly on Adobe's software? Good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Non Wacom tablets tend to have buggy drivers and are generally a PITA when they are not working correctly.  However, Huion are one of the better Chinese tablet manufacturers, but that still leaves the problem that we just don't see enough on this forum to accrue a meaningful knowledge base, so you might be better asking on a Huion specific forum. There's bound to be one on Reddit for instance.

Here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/huion/

Is this the only glitch you've noticed?

OK, I have just reread your question and I see you are using the Wintab API.  A quick Google suggests that Windows Ink is an option with at least some Huion drivers, and Windows Ink has been the best option for the last few Photoshop versions.  Try changing to that and renaming the PSConfig file (if Wintab is the only content) and see if that fixes your problem.

I will just add that it's at least 15 years (probably closer to 20) since I last used the Magnetic lasso tool.  It's old tech and massively superceeded by current selection Selection tools.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines