• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make my Adjustments tab show instead of Properties in my PS workspace

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my workspace on the right side I have it laid out so that above my Layers panel I have my Adjustments tab.  Along with the Adjustments came the Properties tab and PS seems to default to it.  Is there some way I can get rid of the Properties tab or at least make the Adjustments tab be the default?
See attached screenshot.PS Work Panel Screenshot.jpg

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the Panel out by grabbing its name-tag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you need both. When you make or modify an adjustment, you do it in th Properties panel.

I agree that this is somewhat cumbersome, and that those two should be merged one way or another, but that's the way it is. You add an adjstment layer with the Adjustments panel, and set the parameters for it in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you do not need the Adjustments tab at all, because you can add any adjustment layer by clicking on the Adjustment Layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel. But you'll need the Properties tab quite frequently, because that is where you set the adjustments of the adjustment layer...

1 2022-07-21 14-56-07.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can create a custom Workspace to fit your needs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/workspace-basics.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank everyone for their kind replies.  I do understand the need for the contents of the Properties Panel, but it would be much more convenient if PS defaulted to the Adjustments Panel.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank everyone for their kind replies.  I do understand the need for the contents of the Properties Panel, but it would be much more convenient if PS defaulted to the Adjustments Panel.

Thank you!

By @D R Smith

Really? It would save you one single mouse click for the entire Photoshop session. If you click on an icon in the Adjustments tab to add an Adjustment layer, then Photoshop will add that layer and then it will automatically switch to the Properties tab so you can set the adjustments you want. That means that if you want to add a second adjustment layer, or you want to add an adjustment layer to another image, you will have to click on the Adjustments tab again to switch back to it, even if Photoshop defaulted to that tab on restart.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines