• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marquee tool moves selection after transform

Mentor ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is truly a bug per se, but it's non-intuitive behavior that I think should be changed.

When you select an object with one of the Marquee tools, you can move the selection around independent of the pixels that are selected. If you want to move the pixels, you have to switch to the Move tool.

But if you use Free Transform on the selection, then immediately after the transformation, Photoshop acts like the Move tool is selected when the Marquee tool is still selected. i.e., you can no longer move the selection independent of the pixels until you make a new selection. Photoshop should respect the function of the selected tool at all times.

Here is a video of the problem:

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. 

The Free Transformation refers to the pixel content, not the Selection, after all. 

So the switch of reference would seem to be the user’s own doing. 

To »restore« the Selection without the pixel content you could switch to and exit Quick Mask Mode (hit Q two times). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe it's worked that way since way back when Ps had only one layer... would be strange to change it now after 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines