Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory problem

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSCC2019Memory.png

At one point it reached ~2,400! It is making it very difficult to do things and run multiples processes as needed. What could be the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop is RAM hungry, I have it open with one image loaded and it's using 1.3GB, but I have 32GB od RAM and a 200GB SSD scratch disk so it doesn't concern me.

How much RAM do you have installed, I'd recommend a minimum of 8GB although 16GB would be better, Photoshop doesn't release RAM until you close it. The more you do in Photoshop the more RAM it's going use.

Take a look here

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-CC-139/Hardware-Rec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to allocate as much RAM you can, also adding more scratch disk might help: Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the scratch disk back to my SSD seems to help, though I am concerned since it is my OS drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What are your system specs, in Photoshop go to Help > System Info and copy and paste that into this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received help via Adobe Connect and tech support. I may have many brushes loaded among other things that could have bogged down PS. For now, things seem to be running smoothly. The run process went from 2GB down to around ~500-700MB from what I've seen so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would make sense, I know the Kyle Webster brushes use a fair chunk of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines