• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Message "Javascript code was missing" in Photoshop CC 19.1.4 on Macbook (High Sierra)

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hope there is a solution for my problem. I use on a Macbook Pro Photoshop CC version 19.1.4 (latest available version) and I now get an error message box when I try to go to the menu option File > Scripts > Image processor (or any other menu option in the section "Scripts")

I tried to reinstall a previous version that I know worked. But here also I get the same error.

I read several old posts dating back to older versions of Photoshop CC and tried those suggestions. Also the link on Adobe "Errors using scripts | Merge to HDR Pro, Image Processor " but there are no drives etc that have changed by name or nature or have a wrong name.

Is there a solution? Can I check anything on my system? Any help / advise is more then welcome. Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Macbook pro 2015 running High Sierra (10.13.6)

Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.4 or any other version..... checked

Message I get:

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 13.44.44.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version is CC 19.1.5. There is other theard about this script (or not?) but refering to other problem. Anyway if that's the same script there is some link to download some version you can try: Batch HDR Merging/Toning Script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you run a simple script?

For example

alert("test")

How did you reinstall photoshop? Did you uninstall the previous version?
If not, try to uninstall everything, and then reinstall it.

If it does not help, try removing photoshop using

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi r-Bin, & Kukurykus

I think I fixed my problem. I reset all permissions on the Photoshop CC files on my Mac to allow full read&write access to my mac user specifically. Then I restarted my Mac and now I seem to be able to access the menu option and run an actual script

Thanks for your fast replies and help. I will also update to the latest available version.

Best regards Maarten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines