• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata data gets lost when exporting raw file to a .JPG

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a raw data file (with Metadata) with photoshop. I want to covert it to a JPG file. I use "Export as" and select JPG.  When I export the file the Metadata is no longer with the converted file. I have set the options in the export section to include metadata.  I move the file from a Camera disk into photoshop then to my local documents folder on a windows PC.  Any help on what I am doing wrong is appreciated. I can not be the only person who needs to do this.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom.  Is there a reason you are using Export As instead of simply saving to JPG?  It's not something I use myself, but a look at the panel suggests that the option is either no metadata or Copyright and Contact Info.  Are you looking for full metadata?  I believe using Save For Web strips everything giving the smallest file size.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need all the camera settings for a Photography class.  I do have the copyright and contact info selected.  I will try a straight save as after opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save for web has several options for metadata, including All.

PS-SFW-metadata.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines