Missing bitmap option in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC is suddenly missing its ability to save as/export files as a bitmap file. This happened overnight, because I saved a file to bitmap just yesterday. What gives? I use photoshop on my iMac Pro. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps:

• Choose File > Save As, and choose BMP from the Format menu.
  • Specify a filename and location, and click Save.
  • In the BMP Options dialog box, select a file format, specify the bit depth and, if necessary, select Flip Row Order. For more options, click Advanced Modes and specify the BMP options.
  • Click OK.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file's current color mode? Not every mode can be converted to bimap--you may need to choose an intermeidate mode first.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's RGB like always. And suddenly the Bitmap save option is back in my menu drop down. Weird. Thanks everyone.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I still do not see if in my drop down menu. I followed everyone's suggestions and it still does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of the tab for the document you are trying to save as a bitmap.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What Image mode and bit depth is your document? You will not see   .bmp in Save As if your are using 16 bits/Channel or your image mode is anything other than RGB or BitMap
Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I resized the bitmap as it was huge (30inchesx20inches)

This worked

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had that problem, even though the illustration was in grayscale and 8 bit, but found that pressing Ctrl + Alt + s (the letter not Shift) then I get the option plus a lot others. Hope this might help you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, do you mean a .BMP file? if the file has layers, you need to Save a Copy, not just do a save as. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html#Set_file_saving_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines