• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Photoshop Import PDF dialog box

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I encountered an issue where when opening a pdf in photoshop my import pdf dialog box would not pop up.  Any one know why this would happen with one pdf versus another? I have not encountered this before so I am not sure why it would happen that way - perhaps it was a pdf that was originally created in photoshop? I wasn't the original creator of the pdf.  We sometimes have to open and flatten a pdf to get it to RIP for printing.  Which was the case with this pdf. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all PDFs you've tried or just this one? 

You may end up having to reset your prefernces which can't hurt:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

Better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just this one.  I previously opened the same file several days ago and got the import dialog box, so I don't know why when I redownloaded the file and opened it again that the newly redownloaded file would not show up with the dialog box.  Other pdf's open and show the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If just that one, seems the PDF is an issue. But anyway, seems you got it all worked out. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think its possible someone overwrote the original with a flattened photoshop pdf... and that may be why.  My other flattened version that I know was saved from photoshop opens the same way.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines