• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Preferences in Photoshop

Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images don't open in Photoshop from Lightroom, and Preferences is missing in Photoshop. Can someone help me? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Hi Sameer,

I have no idea what happened but just now, when I sent an image from Lightroom to Photoshop (something that was not working before either), the Preferences in the Edit menu is there!

Anyway, thank you so much for trying and helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please move the post for me?
I tried a few times to find the right place to post my question, but I
didn't find it 😕
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Regina Melo. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out.

Please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > Upload and share with us here.

Do you also have Photoshop (Beta) on this machine?

Preferences is missing in Photoshop. - Is the Preferences panel missing, or preferences & presets from the older version of Photoshop were not carried forward after the update? 

As a basic troubleshooting step, uninstall & reinstall Photoshop & Lightroom on your computer to recreate the broken link between the apps to fix Edit-in workflow.

To restore preferences manually from an older installation of Photoshop, you can follow the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sameer,

I have no idea what happened but just now, when I sent an image from Lightroom to Photoshop (something that was not working before either), the Preferences in the Edit menu is there!

Anyway, thank you so much for trying and helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines